Its been quite a while since our last update. It would be impossible to recount every detail, but let me take the time to bring you up to speed, generally speaking.
We are in a somewhat tumultuous region where for the safety of the kids, we withhold many of our struggles. It is just safer for the kids if we do not share everything. So unfortunately, sometimes our silence is not because we are overly busy, but because its not wise for us to share. With that said, God is still good and we praise Him for all that He has done for us. We will slowly share some of the struggles that we have been facing, but I will not overwhelm you too soon with all of the details.
I will, however, give you some highlights of the year
- 9 boys qualified to go to Delhi in January to watch WWE professional wrestling
- 15 boys qualified to go to Delhi in March to go to an arcade and bowling
- although there have been a few days where our food has run out, our boys have not missed a single meal, NOT ONE! God has provided in miraculous and unique ways.
- every boy passed his exams and moved up to a new grade.
- I wrote a book about the boys and many new people are learning about how awesome our children’s home is. If you are interested in reading it, here is the link:https://www.amazon.com/Birds-Buffaloes-Birthday-Bread-Redemption/dp/0692642080/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
- All boys have been qualifying for our monthly restaurant nights
- Mangilal, our staff member, is currently in remission for his Leukemia.
- we have relaunched Chunky Junk, a fair trade jewelry company that benefits both the orphans, as well as at risk women in our area. You can purchase jewelry at www.chunkyjunk.com
From now on we will upload a new blog every Sunday. So please check back here for weekly updates.